Minutes of the MEETING OF LYTCHETT MATRAVERS PARISH COUNCIL

Held on Wednesday October 24th 2018 at 7:00 in the Blanchard Room, Village Hall, High St, Lytchett Matravers.

PRESENT were Cllrs A Bush (Chairman), B Barker, R Carswell, M Colvey, K Norris, P Webb, and Mr T Watton (Parish Clerk).

Also present: Dist Cllr W Meaden, and 3 members of the public.

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION

A member of the public reported that a reply had been received from Buckingham Palace in response to the letter sent about the King George VI coronation commemoration tree and plaque in Lytchett Matravers.

It was reported that the ladies at the Keep Fit sessions held in the Village Hall had noticed that the problem of dog mess on the recreation ground appears to be getting worse again. The members noted this and the Chairman remarked that parents of children attending the football sessions on Saturday mornings are having to spend time clearing it up before the training sessions can take place. Dist Cllr Meaden commented that in response to the members’ previous request regarding Dog Warden out of hours attendance, the number of hours wardens had spent in the village, and whether a warden and line manager would visit a council, she has raised this with Mr Conway at PDC and he confirmed he had replied. It seems this reply may have been misdirected or mislaid. In the light of this Cllr Norris indicated that he would now contact Mr Conway with this latest complaint.

District Councillor’s Report

Cllr Meaden’s and Cllr Webb’s joint report is attached at appendix 1 to these minutes. Dist Cllr Webb remarked on the decision of the Boundary Commission for England that Lytchett Matravers, Upton and Morden will be included together in a 3 member ward within the new unitary Dorset Council representative structure. He pointed out that there is no appeal mechanism against this decision.

County Councillor’s Report

Cllr Wharf‘s report is attached at appendix 2 to these minutes. There were no questions.

1. To receive and consider apologies for absence – Cllrs A Cottman, A Huggins, R Watts and C Wood and County Cllr P Wharf.

2. TO RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF PECUNIARY INTEREST; AND CONSIDER REQUESTS FOR SPECIAL DISPENSATIONS UNDER SECTION 33 OF THE LOCALISM ACT 2011. There were none.

3. TO receive AND RESOLVE to APPROVE THE Minutes of The Full Council Meeting on 26th September 2018. It was RESOLVED to approve these as a true record of the meeting; and they were duly signed by the Council Chairman.

4. TO RECEIVE and consider REPORTS OF PAST SUBJECT MATTERS.

It was RESOLVED to receive and note the contents of the following report, which had been prepared and circulated in advance of the meeting by the Parish Clerk. The italics below indicates additional comments made by members at the meeting.

i. Minute 7, 17th January 2018 – research of grant funding for defibrillator by Cllr Cottman. At a previous meeting it had been resolved that Cllr Cottman would consider specific properties belonging to the local Housing Association as potential locations for a further defibrillator. He reported that his approach to Aster Housing Association on this matter had proved successful in that they had agreed to permit the Council to install a defibrillator on the outside wall of Abbotts Court or Friars Court – making a total of three agreed well-distributed sites across the village. The members noted that Cllr Cottman had identified a source of grants of up to £10,000 on offer for such projects. It was noted that additional information is needed to complete the grant forms – in particular the further detail of community involvement / consultation, and also the total sum to be applied for and a breakdown of that sum into its component elements. The Clerk will work with Cllr Cottman to ensure this is included in the application.

ii. Minute 10, 25th April 2018 – Security of fences at Jubilee Walk. As resolved, this was reported to the local DCC Rights of Way Ranger for attention. In response to a request for a progress update from DCC the Parish Clerk was informed that the matter of removal of the tree had to involve DCC in consulting solicitors. This is taking some time to clarify because DCC has had to get legal advice, and are currently waiting for their follow up with the landowner as the tree and land are not owned by Dorset County Council. They were hoping that a route through the tree would be cleared by October, but this has not been possible. The Ranger advised that if they are given the go ahead they will get the section across the right of way cleared – probably leaving the rest of the tree in situ either side. This should not affect the fences.

iii. Public Participation, 25th July 2018 – condition of Church Walk. In response to concerns expressed by a resident regarding the poor condition of Church Walk due to overgrowth and surface erosion Cllr Norris had made a suitable approach to DCC ROW department. Subsequently discussion it was proposed to ask the F&GP Committee to consider the establishment of a community working party to cut the undergrowth back each side for the length of the path to create increased path width and thereby relieve the erosion of its surface.The matter was raised at the F&GP Committee and Cllrs met on site to consider the work required. A key is needed for the gate at the top of the path to allow a tractor to come in. Also looked at the running of water down the path – a huge drainage pipe feeds into the ditch. With some work a channel could be cut into the ditch which might alleviate the surface erosion problems. A quote had been received from Poole Business Services. This was compared with one received from CF Selby & Sons and in the light of the failure of the third contractor to respond, it was RESOLVED to accept Mr Selby’s quotation for the work. Action: Parish Clerk to contact Mr Selby accordingly. Also to provide Cllr Barker with Mr Selby’s contact details in order to liaise regarding the community volunteer party involvement in clearing up and disposing of the arisings.

iv. Public Participation, 26th September 2018 – coronation memorial plaque. In response to concerns expressed by a resident about locating the plaque at Old School Green, Cllr Wood was asked to speak to the vicar about locating the plaque without the tree at the Church. Cllr Wood’s proposal on this (circulated to members on 24th October was noted. Members were asked to consider the points made and offer suggestions.

v. Minute 7, 26th September 2018 – paper from David Bevan to develop proposals for the protection of open space in the village. This item comes from a suggestion from PDC to amend the Green Space policy in the Neighbourhood Plan. Mr Bevan was instructed to go through the new legislation and recommend some amendments. This paper had been circulated ahead of the meeting. Cllr Norris reported that he and Cllr Watts had not yet been able to meet to discuss it yet.

vi. Minute 9, 26th September 2018 – proposal to reduce the hedge along the High Street.

Poole Business Services had been instructed to carry out this work. The broken street light in the car park was reported to SSE and they will be providing a quote to fix this, as well as a quote to provide an extra light on the pole by the Sports Pavilion and on the pole by the entrance to the car park.

vii. Minute 10, 26th September 2018 – Recreation Ground ball court. Concerns were expressed regarding the impact that this facility might have on drainage in Eldons Drove. It was noted that the drainage plans for the entire Recreation Ground need to be examined and these have been circulated to members. This item is to continue to be progressed at F&GP Cttee meetings.

viii. Minute 12, 26th September 2018 – Response to Pre-Submission Local Plan. To be discussed under the main agenda.

ix. Minute 18, 26th September 2018 – DEFRA Survey. Cllr Norris has looked at this survey and this was discussed at F&GP on 10th October 2018. It was concluded that the Parish Council would not give a response. DISCHARGED.

5. CHAIRMAN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS The Chairman explained that that Sustrans will be running a series of three workshops concerning the issue of a safe crossing of Wareham Rd. The first of these will be on 22nd November 2018 with separate sessions for (i) yr5 primary school students, (ii) school parents and (iii) other members of the community. Two further workshops are programmed to take place on 24th January and 28th March 2019.

6. To receive and note the content of the minutes of the Finance & General Purposes Committee meeting on 12TH sEPTEMBER 2018. It was RESOLVED to receive and note these. A summary was given of the decisions made at that meeting an included in its minutes. Cllr Webb added that the PDC Planning committee have approved the planning application for the Wessex Water reservoir site.

7. To consider planning application 6/2018/0515 Valley View Farm, Castle Farm Road, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6DA. Temporary rural workers dwelling. The members of the council wished to express their OBJECTION to this proposal on the grounds that it is inappropriate development within the greenbelt. Also, the council noted that there is no evidence of a need for residential accommodation on this site.

8. To consider planning application 6/2018/0521 Valley View Farm, Land south of Castle Farm Road, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6DA. Erection of 7 polytunnels, new farm service track and car parking area. The council notes that whilst the application refers to 7 polytunnels, the proposal drawing dated June 18 prepared by Willis & Co chartered town planners shows 9 polytunnels, plus a “storage building” and a “livestock building”. The members of the council wished to express their OBJECTION to this proposal on the grounds that it is inappropriate development within the greenbelt. It also wished to express serious concern about the risk to road safety arising from the positioning of the access / egress to this proposed development so close to the Flowers Drove / Castle Farm Road crossroads.

9. To agree the wording and submit order for the Centenary Fields plaque at Old School Green. It was RESOLVED that the wording will be Old School Green. Action: Parish Clerk to respond to Terry Housden of Fields in Trust accordingly.

10. To receive and consider the content of reports from the leader of the Working Groups (by exception) as follows:

Working Group Update
Neighbourhood Plan It was noted that the paper prepared by HLF Planning would be reviewed at the next Full Council meeting.
Youth Hall It was reported that the council’s solicitor has raised a number of issues with DCC and is awaiting a response.
Library Cllr Carswell’s report “High Street Shared Space” contains relevant comment and is associated at appendix 3 to these minutes.
High Street Shared Space See Cllr Carswell’s report at appendix 3 to these minutes.
Rec Path No report
Rec Pavilions No report
Eldons Drove Lane It was reported that the contractor will be on site during week commencing 29th October to cut back the hedge overgrowth etc on the left side of the lane and at its end.
Astro Expansion It was reported that the remedial electrical work to make the broken light bollards safe has now been carried out.
New Sports Field No report
Huntick Road Cycleway No report
Sports Club Governance A report from Cllr Webb is associated at appendix 4 to these minutes. He commented that the key issue is to get the pavilion and its facilities into a fit state so that the Dorset FA can sign it off for competitive use for DFA affiliated matches. It was noted that around £15k is needed for pavilion refurbishment, and fundraising activity is to take place.
Progress towards CiLCA The Clerk referred to his report which was circulated to all members ahead of the meeting. He commented that the evidence for all learning outcomes are complete except one concerning “grant applications to external funding bodies. This item will be prepared when he has received some key information about the project concerned together with supplementary supporting evidence demonstrating the level community support for the project which should improve its chance of gaining the required grant funding.
Bollards / Dolly posts No report
Recreation ground ball court No report
Broadband improvement No report
Mobile Signal No report

11. To consider a response to the Pre-Submission Purbeck Local Plan

Cllr Norris drew attention to the work he had circulated to members towards a draft response to this. It was RESOLVED that members would to review this and the related issues ready for consideration again at the Finance & General Purpose Cttee meeting on 14th Nov. Action: All members to review the file of evidence which PDC is using to justify development on greenbelt land in Lytchett Matravers. Cllr Norris indicated that he would forward the link to this to all members.

12. To consider the action needed to provide rough sleeping estimate to PDC on November 27th/28th. After brief discussion it was agreed that the response to this is “Nil”.

13. To resolve to approve the following payments due:

Inv To Whom For What Net VAT Total
3994 T Watton Clerk’s salary – October (12 equal monthly payments by SO) 883.15 0.00 883.15
3995 DCC LGPS pension contrib October 2018 350.56 0.00 350.56
3996 T Homer Handyman duties, September 2018 260.90 7.18 268.08
3997 Idverde Ltd Cemetery maintenance –September 2018 303.49 60.70 364.19
3998 Idverde Ltd 1 x grass cutting of sports field area of rec ground – Sept 170.00 34.00 204.00
3999 Idverde Ltd 2 x fortnightly grass cutting, southern end of rec – Sept 46.50 9.30 55.80
4000 St Mary’s Church Grant for Cheeky Monkeys Play Group 428.60 0.00 428.60
4001 PKF Littlejohn LLP Limited Assurance Review 2017/18 300.00 60.00 360.00
4002 Mr K Watson Supply new gas meter box to the sports pavilion 56.36 0.00 56.36
4003 Mr A Bush Sports Pavilion extra keys and postage 23.10 4.30 27.40
4004 Poole Business Services Slitting/Rolling Football Pitches 125.00 25.00 150.00
4005 SSE Car Park Lighting (Direct Debit) 37.74 1.88 39.62
4006 HLF Planning Green Spaces Topic Paper 500.00 100.00 600.00
4007 British Gas Sports Club gas bill 43.77 2.18 45.95
4008 Dorset County Council Funding for 1 extra hour of library opening 1349.00 0.00 1349.00
4009 Alison Clothier Cover for parish Clerk Sept – Oct 2018 919.10 0.00 919.10

It was RESOLVED to approve all of the above payments.

14. To note any training undertaken by members or the Clerk in the past month. The members present noted the work completed by the Clerk on CiLCA, as reported within item 10 above.

15. To note any decisions and / or action taken by Parish Clerk under “Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014”, Part 3, Paragraphs 6-10, Record of Decisions and Access to Documents.

Mr Mills has been requested to arrange for a delivery of soil to fill the depression on the memorial green – to take place after Remembrance Sunday.

16. Correspondence.

Members reported on the following items of correspondence:

· Cllr Bush referred to receipt of the latest valuation statement from Prudential International for the council’s investment with that company.

17. To note date of next meeting and items for future agendas.

The next Full Council meeting is to be held in the Village Hall on Wednesday 28th November 2018 at 7pm in the Village Hall.

The meeting closed at 9:00pm

Annotated by/on …………………………….. Signed by……………………