Wednesday 25th November 2020 at 7:00 online.

PRESENT were A Bush (Chairman), M Attridge, B Barker, R Carswell, A Huggins, I Kelly, K Morgan, P Webb, and Mr T Watton (Parish Clerk).

Also present: Dorset Cllr A Brenton

No members of the public were present.


There was none.


Dorset Cllr Brenton commented on the following:

· Some concerns amongst some DC members that Officers may have been unduly hasty in communicating on the matter of changes to parking fees and terms etc. It is understood this is still to be considered by the DC Cabinet.

· Responses on DC’s strategy regarding the Climate Emergency have been disappointingly slow. Cllr Brenton accepted that the consultation form is somewhat wordy.

· Cllr Brenton has forwarded a copy of the LMPC Climate Emergency policy to Wool and Bovington Parish Councils as an exemplar document.

· Consultation on the Dorset Local Plan draft strategy is due to take place from January-March 2021. DC Officers are considering how best to publicise this – especially for those residents who are not online.

· Regarding development included in the Dorset Local Plan, Cllr Brenton explained that the County is “zoned” – with Lytchett Matravers grouped with Lytchett Minster & Upton and Corfe Mullen. This zone is scheduled for more employment. In general the housing target numbers are large. DC is looking to include a condition that all properties on new developments should be the purchasers’ “principal residence”.

· Cllr Brenton has attended meetings of “Planet Purbeck” and “DorsetCan” environmental groups. Cllr Webb wondered if DorsetCan will become the prime body to which DC will listen. It was noted that they are an “umbrella” organisation for the various interested groups and individuals, but will not be a constituted body with a nominated Chairperson.

In response to a question from Cllr Webb, Cllr Brenton commented that she was unsure whether a consultation or briefing would be issued on the Purbeck Local Plan modifications. She has asked a question about this but has not yet received a response.

Regarding Cllr Webb’s question about the proposed National Park, Cllr Brenton commented that DC is currently silent on this matter, perhaps because there are strong conflicting views amongst Cabinet Members. She undertook to chase-up on this matter to see if a DC “view” is available.

1. To receive and consider apologies for absence.

Apologies were received from Cllrs Cottman and Wonnacott; and Dorset Cllr Pipe.

2. To receive any declarations of interest, and consider any requests for Special Dispensations under Section 33 of the Localism Act 2011.

There were none.

3. To receive and resolve to approve minutes of Council meeting held on 28th October 2020.

It was RESOLVED to approve these minutes as a true record of the meeting.

4. To receive and consider reports of past subject matters (for the purposes of report only).

It was RESOLVED to receive and note the contents of the following report, which had been prepared and circulated in advance of the meeting by the Parish Clerk. Italics below indicate additional comments made by members during the meeting.

  1. Minute 7.1, 26 February 2020 – Contact Santander to close the two dormant bank accounts. Deferred due to the current health crisis, i.e. (i) bank advisor availability, and (ii) the possibility that the accounts might be needed for some purpose during the crisis. After a brief review it was RESOLVED to retain the accounts for the time being. DISCHARGED
  2. Minute 6, Full Council meeting 26 Aug 2020 – to obtain cost for welding repair to upper car park gate. The Clerk emailed Cllr Cottman to request that he arrange for his welder contact to provide a price for this. It was reported that Cllr Cottman had explained that it had been expected that the welder would undertake that work whilst in the village on other business, but that the opportunity had now passed and so a new visit would need to be booked. As an alternative, the Parish Clerk advised that he would approach Russell Matthews, who had recently made and donated the Silent Soldier. The approach was approved. Action: Parish Clerk to contact Mr Matthews.
  3. Minute 10, Full Council meeting, 28th October 2020 – Amended planning application 6/2020/0297 enforcement request regarding breaches of planning conditions. Cllr Morgan remarked that despite having included the details of the requested enforcement action in the consultation response to the DC Planning Team, on reflection it seems likely that it would be necessary to complete and submit an online “enforcement” application. In addition to the points noted in the response agreed on 28th October, it was also noted that the developer has failed to complete the re-surfacing of the access roadway beside the shop. Action: Parish Clerk to request the “enforcement form”, to complete and submit it to DC with copies to Matt Prosser, Peter Wharf, Matthew Piles, David Walsh and Anna Lee.
  4. Minute 13, Full Council meeting, 28th October 2020 – approval for installation of bollards adjacent to the Village Hall. Poole Business Services were informed of this accordingly. However, Cllr Huggins agreed to contact PBS to confirm that the work is booked in. Action: Cllr Huggins to contact PBS accordingly.
  5. Minute 15, Full Council meeting, 28th October 2020 – investigation of tree offers from the Woodland Trust and Holme Garden Centre. Cllr Carswell explained that he had been in touch with both organisations. He had discovered that the Woodland Trust were only offering 1m whips – which are not suitable, and the current allocation is exhausted anyway; and Holme Garden Centre’s offer is to provide advice on appropriate species for various environments, which they will then supply at cost. DISCHARGED.
  6. Minute 16, Full Council meeting, 28th October 2020 – Advise Village Hall Committee of the Salix scheme to support actions to mitigate climate change. Cllr Webb reported that he had spoken to Linda Perry about this and discovered that the Village Hall Committee had explored a similar scheme to the Low Carbon Dorset one 2-3 years ago. It was also confirmed that the Salix scheme is only available to Public Authorities and so it is unsuitable. DISCHARGED
  7. Minute 18, Full Council meeting 28th October 2020 – letter to Tesco with joint Ts&Cs for Defibrillator. Cllr Huggins provided an update on this matter, a copy of which is associated at appendix 1 to these minutes. In the light of information that Tesco Plc has a corporate initiative to provide publicly accessible defibrillators in or outside of their stores nation-wide it was RESOLVED that Cllr Huggins would write to an appropriate senior Manager at Tesco Plc to explain the local circumstances and seek his or her intervention or guidance. Action: Cllr Huggins to write to Tesco Plc accordingly.
  8. Minute 19, Full Council meeting, 28th October 2020 – details for kerb cleaning trial run. Details of the proposed locations for the two day trial were forwarded to the Parish Clerk by Cllrs Bush and Huggins. These were built into a written specification alongside the details of the machine, hire cost and hire company, which was then forwarded to Mr Mills. Action: Cllr Bush to coordinate with Mr. Mills on the 2 days required.
  9. Minute 20, Full Council meeting, 28th October 2020 – Proposed website re-structuring: feedback from members to Cllr Barker. Cllr Barker reported that no further feedback from Council members had been received. All members were encouraged to respond ASAP if they had suggestions to make. Action: Members to contact Cllr Barker accordingly.
  10. Minute 21, Full Council meeting, 28th October – School Walk, signing of licence and liaison regarding quotes for the work. Encompassed in to VC Working Group report for November.
  11. Minute 22, Full Council meeting, 28th October 2020 – preparation of draft application letter for the Parish Council to act as the “Legal Entity” to apply applying to the Rural Gigabit Scheme on behalf of interested residents with internet speeds of <30MB/s. The update provided by Cllr Huggins is associated at Appendix 2 to these minutes. It was RESOLVED to go ahead with submission to obtain a quotation for the scheme from BT Openreach – which will then be fed back to the Council. Action: Cllr Huggins to liaise with BT Openreach accordingly.

5. Chairman’s announcements (for the purposes of report only).

There were none.

6. To note the content of the minutes of the Finance & General purposes committee meeting on 11th November 2020. ALSO TO NOTE THE TIME CRITICAL ACTION POINTS REGARDING PROJECT INPUTS TO THE BUDGET SETTING PROCESS. (for purposes of report only).

It was RESOLVED to note the contents of these minutes.


It was RESOLVED to approve the recommendation to accept the tender from Poole Business Services and appoint them to undertake the work within an allocated sum of £5000; work to commence in December 2020.

8. TO CONSIDER PLANNING APPLICATION 6/2020/0450 40 Wareham Road, Lytchett Matravers BH16 6DR. Alterations and extensions to the existing dwelling including a 2 storey front gable extension and alterations to windows & doors. Changes to access and parking layout.


9. TO CONSIDER PLANNING APPLICATION 6/2020/0520 28 Landers Reach, Lytchett Matravers, POOLE, BH16 6NB. Convert detached garage to office & laundry room.



The Chairman referred to a report into the current cash flow situation of the Council, which had been circulated to all members ahead of this meeting. A copy of this report is associated at Appendix 3 to these minutes. He also referred to an updated analysis of the Council’s Earmarked Reserves, which had also been circulated to members ahead of the meeting. A copy of this analysis is associated at Appendix 4 to these minutes. Projected expenditure to end March 2021 exceeds the projected current account balance.

It was RESOLVED to approve a withdrawal of £40K from the Council’s investment with Prudential International.

The Chairman explained that the Earmarked Reserves analysis highlights that the Council will not be able to sustain the sinking fund balances due to both the planned withdrawal and the reduction in value of the Prudential Investment during 2020. These shortfalls are to be addressed within the forthcoming budget process.

In response to a question from Cllr Webb, the Chairman indicated that he would make contact with Mr Ian Maitland to review the recommendation to invest with Prudential International.

11. TO CONSIDER the NALC / SLCC national Pay agreement for Parish & Town Clerks (WEF 1st April 2020).

The Parish Clerk referred to the joint NALC / SLCC National salary award agreement which he had circulated to all members. It was RESOLVED to approve the national salary award for the Parish Clerk for SCP 17 which provides an increase of 2.75% from £12.39 per hour to £12.73 per hour – with effect from 1st April 2020 (i.e. backdated).


A summary report which had been circulated to all members ahead of this meeting was noted. A copy is associated at Appendix 5 to these minutes. Particular note was made of the financial forecast in the table at the bottom of the report – which will be an input to the next stage of the budget setting process at the December F&GP Cttee meeting.


A summary report which had been circulated to all members ahead of this meeting was noted. A copy is associated at Appendix 6 to these minutes. Particular note was made of the financial forecast in the table at the bottom of the report – which will be an input to the next stage of the budget setting process at the December F&GP Cttee meeting. This is subject to the outcome of the current grant application submitted to the Salix scheme.


The Council members noted the content of the summary report, which had been circulated to all members ahead of this meeting. A copy is associated at Appendix 7 to these minutes.

Reports were also circulated to members of the Council regarding the Youth Hall and Library Working Group / projects. Copies of these reports are associated at appendices 8 and 9 to these minutes.


15.1 Until the Council cancels this mandate, the Bank is authorised to act on any instructions provided that they have been given by those persons names in the Specimen Signatures section (or authorised by such persons in accordance with the applicable authorisation requirement(s)) as follows: Any two listed persons together. [The persons listed on the mandate are Cllrs A Bush, P Webb, M Attridge, and A Huggins; and Mr T Watton (Parish Clerk)].

15.2 That any debt incurred to the Bank under this mandate shall, in the absence of written agreement by the Bank to the contrary, be repayable on demand.

15.3 That the Clerk of the Council is authorised to supply the Bank, as and when necessary, with lists of all persons who are authorised to give instructions on behalf of the Council, and that the Bank may rely upon such lists.

15.4 That the Council accepts the account(s) and banking relationship with the Bank will be governed by and subject to the Business Banking Terms and Conditions (a copy of which has been provided) as amended from time to time, together with any terms and conditions in respect of specific products and services requested by the Council.

15.5 That these resolutions be communicated to the Bank and remain in force until cancelled by notice in writing to the Bank, signed by the Chairperson or Clerk to the Council from time to time acting or claiming to act on behalf of the Council and the Bank shall be entitled to act on such notice whether the resolutions have been validly cancelled or not.

It was unanimously RESOLVED to approve all of the above.


Cllr Huggins reported on his attendance at the PTAG meeting held on Zoom on 10 November 2020. Attendees included Dorset Cllr Alex Brenton, about 15 representatives from many parishes throughout the Purbecks, a representative of the National Trust and a representative from the Bus Company.

Discussion topics at the meeting were as follows:

  • Desire for 20mpm speed limits in many areas. Cllr Huggins noted that the criteria for a 20mph zone is that it is largely “self-enforcing” by way of traffic calming etc – so it is not possible to simply erect 20mph signs on an open road and challenge people who exceed it.
  • Traffic warden patrols – this does not affect Lytchett Matravers but there was a feeling that the Traffic Wardens are only focussed on Weymouth and Dorchester and don’t visit other areas.
  • Bus services – talk of park and ride schemes Wareham to Dorchester and other long routes – Bus Co advise that P&R only works for short commutes of typically 20 mins. He did report that there is consideration of P&R from Winfrith to Lulworth to alleviate traffic issues seen this summer on the narrow lanes.
  • Cllr Huggins took the opportunity to introduce the Lytchett Matravers Cyclepath project.

Cllr Huggins also advised that the next meeting is scheduled to take place on 12 Jan 2021 and that he will attend again. However he was not yet sure of the value of attendance at these meetings, but he will assess progress / interest after 2-3 meetings. Dorset Cllr Brenton added the observation that the group seems focussed on issues of the southern part of the Purbecks, but in fact the region does also include areas “North of Wareham”, and the content pf the meetings ought to reflect this.

17. To resolve to approve the following payments already made:

Inv To Whom For What Net VAT Total
4391 BT Office phone and broadband – Oct 53.22 10.64 63.86
4392 Play Area Hygiene Services Ltd 6 x 2000mm benches plus carriage 2503.97 500.97 3004.76
4393 Fletchamoore (Poole) Ltd Invoice 185. Rec-Eldons Drove footpath – stage payment 2 (less retention). 4322.50 864.50 5187.00

It was RESOLVED to approve the above payment already made.

18. To resolve to approve the following payments due:

Inv To Whom For What Net VAT Total
4394 T Watton Clerk’s salary – Nov (12 equal monthly payments by SO) 945.34 0.00 945.34
4395 Dorset County Pension Fund LGPS pension contrib Nov 2020 373.14 0.00 373.14
4396 Dorset County Pension Fund LGPS pension conrib May 2020 (replacement for uncashed cheque) 373.14 0.00 373.14
4397 T Homer Handyman duties Oct 2020 357.75 0.00 357.75
4398 Idverde Ltd Cemetery maintenance – Oct 20 303.49 60.70 364.19
4399 Mark Gracey GDPR Annual website hosting. Annual website updates retainer. 570.00 114.00 684.00
4400 Village Hall Room hire (Feb and March 2020) 75.00 0.00 75.00
4401 S P Mills (i) General grass cutting for year

(ii) Fallen tree and sunken path at cemetery

(iii) Weed control spaying – car park and recreation Grnd

(iv) Cut down willow and weeds allotment 44.

(v) Hedge around SID site at Huntick Rd.

(vi) Fallen tree at Turbetts Green & shrub cutting.

(vii) Strim Astro area.


























4402 PKF Littlejohn LLP External Audit fee for year ended 31/03/2020 400.00 80.00 480.00
4403 Glasdon UK Ltd Topsy 2000 bin for Rec 160.89 32.18 193.07
4404 R Carswell Reimbursement of purchase of trees from Hillier Nurseries Ltd 328.00 65.60 393.60

It was RESOLVED to approve all of the above payments.

19. To note any training undertaken by members or the Clerk in the past month (for purposes of report only).

Cllrs’ Induction (fundamentals) webinar from DAPTC; undertaken by Cllr Kelly.

20. To note any decisions and / or action taken by Parish Clerk under “Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014”, Part 3, Paragraphs 6-10, Record of Decisions and Access to Documents (fpor purposes of report only).

The Parish Clerk reported that he had arranged for the following:

  • Requested the Village Handyman to undertake extra litter checks of Recreation Ground to remove any shards of plastic or other debris found there after bonfire night.
  • To undertake a review of dog signage and to place an order with Dorset Council Environmental Team in accordance with the new “Dog Related Public Spaces Protection Order 2020”.

21. Correspondence (for purposes of report only).

The Chairman referred to correspondence with Mr Graham Lee “Friends of Lytchett Matravers Library” who are hoping to do something locally with the Arts Council to promote the LM library as a cultural hub. It is intended that the Council will work together with the friends and to support this.

The Parish Clerk reported ion correspondence with a resident of Eldons Drove who is dissatisfied with the work undertaken by Dorset Highways in August to trim back the overhanging branches across the carriageway and also overhanging driveways etc on the southern side of the road. Thus work has been checked and found to be to a satisfactory standard so that it the branches are sufficiently high not to come into contact with vehicles either using the road or the residential driveways. It was therefore RESOLVED to respond to the resident with the Council’s Tree Policy. Action: Parish Clerk to respond accordingly.

22. To note date of next meeting and items for future agendas.

The next full council meeting is scheduled to take place online on Wednesday 23rd December 2020 at 7pm.

The meeting closed at 21:10 Annotated by/on ……………………………..Signed by……………………



Defibrillator Integration November 2020

Much background information has been gathered through contact with the British Heart Foundation (BHF) which has been useful input to prepare a draft agreement with owners of properties where Defibs are located. This has been shared with the Chairman and the Clerk. Some amendments still need to be incorporated.

It has also been learned from the BHF that there will be a new centralised Defib Registration system called “The Circuit” which will become the definitive national locator tool, and will hold a lot more info about defibs than is held currently. Target date mid 2021.

In the meantime it has been confirmed that the following Lytchett Matravers Defibs are registered with the ambulance service (regardless of whether it is possible to locate them on any other defib website):

· Phone box opposite school

· Chequers Pub

· Tesco (owned by Tesco)

· Primary School (owned by primary school)

· Sports Pavillion (owned by Sports Club).

Significantly, it has been advised by the BHF that Tesco have an initiative to provide Defibs in all branches, available 24/7 where possible. This info may not have cascaded to branches yet, but it is felt that it would be misleading for the Council to propose to the local Tesco manager that they sign over their Defib without making them aware of the larger Tesco Initiative. Hence a further agreement has been drafted, specifically for the Local Tesco store, wherein LMPC offers to take back ownership and responsibility for the cabinet which the Council donated to Tesco in 2017, but that the local Tesco store retains ownership and responsibility for maintenance of the Defib itself (which is likely to be in need of some costly maintenance imminently).

A letter to the local Tesco store manager has also been drafted explaining all – but this has not yet been sent.

Questions / issue to resolve:

Do Councillors consider that LMPC should:

a) push forward with the previously agreed stance of approaching the local Tesco Manager about taking over their defib without mention of the Tesco initiative,

b) Inform the local Tesco Manager that there is an upcoming scheme within their organisation for Tesco to provide Defibs at all branches, but if they want to hand it over then LMPC is willing to take it over, along with the cabinet, or

a) As b) but if the local Tesco Manager chooses to retain the Defib, LMPC to take back ownership and responsibility for maintenance of the cabinet.


Rural Gigabit Scheme November 2020

Update on responses to Rural Gigabit Scheme opportunity by interested residents and the establishment of the Council as the necessary “Legal Entity” to progress an application under the scheme.

Cllr Andrew Huggins

Report dated 24th November 2020

The residents’ survey is running until the end of November 2020.

So far representative of 35 residential properties have replied, plus 11 where businesses operate from the properties. So, based on the £2500 / £6000 voucher plus topup. That provides a healthy £156000 voucher value, which it is hoped is sufficient to cover the cost of the scheme.

Information has been received from Frances Tomlinson about how to register the scheme with Openreach, which Cllr Huggins will do in early December 2020.

The Parish Council will be the “Legal Entity” for the purposes of applying under the scheme.

The stages in the process are

1. Apply for the scheme, listing all the addresses of interested parties. **Needs to be submitted by 31 March 2021

2. Openreach will come back with a scheme cost.

3. If the community / council wishes to proceed, they sign a contract and Openreach will claim the vouchers to pay half of it “up front”.

4. Openreach then complete the installation (within 12 months of signing the contract)

5. Openreach then claim the balance.

The Liability to the Council, as the “Legal Entity”, is that if between steps 1 and 3, people “pull out” then there is a risk of shortfall in vouchers covering the cost, in which case the Legal Entity (ie Parish Council) are liable for any outstanding balance on the second payment.

THE INTENTION: It is desired not to put the Council at any likely risk of financial liability. Based on current expressed interest the proposed local scheme “has” commitments from residents amounting to vouchers to the value of £156000. It is suggested that the Council does not undertake the scheme unless the scheme costs not more than 80% of the total voucher value (£125000). Then the Council is covered if, for example, up to 2 business and 7 houses pull out.

In reality it is expected that more people will sign up as time goes on which would more than offset the odd ones who may fall by the wayside.

The scheme has now been registered on the Openreach web site. It is hoped that it will be possible to speak to someone at Openreach for more detailed info; but it seems that until a scheme is registered, only marketing material is made available.


Cashflow Analysis / Earmarked Reserves November 2020

Prudential Investment Fund:

The investment account in the Prudential are the Parish Council’s reserves for PC for maintenance and replacement of key village assets. These assets are:

· Foxhills Open Space Maintenance Fund – to provide maintenance funds in perpetuity

· Skate Park

· Foxhills Play Area

· Rocket Park Play Area

· Lytchett Astro

There was also an allocation made of £25k for the Village Centre project.

Projected Cashflow 2020/21

Caption £000’s
A Current account (including payments approved on Nov. 25th) 13
B Projected normal expenses (Dec. 2020 to Mar. 2021) -27
C VC Project expenses (Retained plus Pharmacy steps plus School Path) -40
D CCE Project expenses (assuming LCD grant of 40%) -37
Total expenses -104
E VAT refund 31
F Withdrawal from Prudential Investment (November 2020) 40
G Withdrawal from Prudential Investment (January 2021) 40
Total Income 111
Projected carry forward March 2021 20


First withdrawal of £40k in November 2020

Second withdrawal of £40k in January 20201 subject to updated cash flow review


Village Centre Working Group – Summary Report November 2020

Working Group Objective:

To enhance the village centre and provide a safe green integrated route through the village from Anncott Close, across the Recreation Ground, along Eldons Drove and to the Primary School (School Walk).

Working Group Participants:

Rob Carswell, Ken Morgan, Alf Bush


1. Revised paths + steps between the Library and shops linking to new High Street crossing

2. Revised lower car park with charging points, bike stands, trees + landscape works.

3. Wider path across Recreation Ground around Rocket Park to a graded, wide path + landscape works through the trees to Eldons Drove; safety barriers at end of path

4. Marked pedestrian paths and traffic signage on Eldons Drove

5. School Walk from Eldons Drove


· Pharmacy owner’s Agreement to steps improvement.

· DC Real Estate provision of licence for LMPC to form path across Library Green.

· DC Highways agreement on type of High Street crossing point and exact spec.

· DC Highways confirmation that crossing plan is included in 2021/22 LTP (est. 55k)

· DC Highways confirmation of pathway spec. along Eldons Drove and inclusion in 2021/22 LTP (est. 16k)

Status/Next Steps:

· Lower car park (#3) civils works completed, including drainage; charging points live; bike stands installed, white lines painted.

· Car Park Finishing phase – trees, planting, benches, bins, barriers all underway.

· Path through woods to Eldons Drove completed subject soft spot remedials + details.

· Accept tender and proceed with School Walk works commencing 7.12.20

· LMPC to write to affected Eldons Drove houses advising of new pathway plan

· LMPC to replace Pharmacy steps and surrounding area -Agreement now reached with owner/tenant

Financial Forecast:

(£000’s, excluding VAT)

2020-21 2021-22 2022-23
Expense to date 78
Forecast 40 71
Total 118 71


Pharmacy Steps 8406 (Tendered) nil 8406

10% Contingency 840 nil 840

Legal Costs 5000 nil 5000

Library Green Path 4000 (Est) nil 4000

High Street Crossing (DC) nil nil nil

C Pk Project +advance signs 168.20 (Cost) nil 168.20

Car Pk E Path, EVCP + Accesses 30582.48 (Cost) 29817.92 764.56

Car Park S Extension 21601.59 (Cost) 21061.55 540.04

SW Drainage from C Pk 10343.50 (Cost) 10084.91 258.59

Landscape -Surface by Scout Hut* 475 (Cost) 475 nil

Surface Mkgs (WJ Comm Fund)* nil nil nil

Signage (In, Out, No Entry)* 96.40 (Cost) nil 96.40

Boulders – Load 1 5t * 309.87 (Cost) nil 309.87

Boulders Load 2 6t * 343.39 (Cost) nil 343.39

Topsoil – Morrish donation* nil nil nil

Spraying – labour* 70.00 (Cost) 70.00 nil

Trees -19no incl guards*- 3836 (less 600 WJ sponsorship) nil 3236

Plants + compost etc– 150sq.m* 2500 (quotation) nil 2500

Planting – Volunteer labour* nil nil nil

Benches 2m long – 6 no* 2503.97 (Cost) nil 2503.97

Bins – 2 no – 1 x extg + 1 new* 160.89 (Cost) nil 160.89

Fixings Bolts, Resin etc* 40 (Est) nil 40

Planter -Sleepers + Spikes, terram* 400 (Cost) nil 400

Bollards adj Sports Club 4no* 450 (est) nil 450

Contingency* 1000 nil 1000

Items marked* are included in the Car Park Landscape works – previously referred to as Pt 5 of the works.

Rec-Eldons Drove Path 19000 (contract val + 500 cont) 16323.85 2676.15

Undergrowth removal 1000 incl vol labour 435 565

Eldons Drove Pedestrian reserve (DC) nil nil nil

School Walk incl barrier 5000 (est + 10% cont)) nil 5000

118127.29 78268.23 39859.06


Climate Change Emergency (CCE) Working Group – Summary Report November 2020

Working Group Objective:

Following the Parish Council declaration of a Climate Change Emergency, identify, assess, and implement measures within the parish to reduce the carbon footprint of both LMPC and the community.

Working Group Participants:

Rob Carswell, Ralph Watts, Alf Bush, Beverly Barker, Roger Ong, Rosemary Russell, Adrian Russell, Max Scott, Matt Alexander


  1. Sports Pavilion upgrade with Low Carbon Dorset or other grant
  2. Youth Hall upgrade with Low Carbon Dorset or other grant
  3. Parish tree planting program


· Acceptance of quotes by Low Carbon Dorset (or other award body) in order to proceed with upgrades

· Identification of suitable sites for tree planting

Status/Next Steps:

· 1 – Apply for other govt-backed grant (Salix) as advised by Low Carbon Dorset before continuing application process with LCD.

· 2 – on-hold for now.

· 3 – Pilot tree planting project underway as part of phase 5 of the Village Centre Car Park project. Verges to be identified in consultation with DC Highways.

Financial Forecast:

(£000’s, excluding VAT)

2020-21 2021-22 2022-23
Expense to date 0
Forecast 37*
Total 37*

* This is the cost (incl. VAT) assuming we received the 40% Low Carbon Dorset grant. Total costs is 62k incl. VAT.


Huntick Road Cyclepath Working Group – Summary Report November 2020

Working Group Objective:

To provide a dedicated safe cycle route to Lytchett Minster School and on to Poole from the village.

Working Group Participants:

Andrew Huggins, Alf Bush


  1. The requirement for a dedicated cyclepath was included in the Lytchett Matravers Neighbourhood Plan and was unanimously approved at then referendum and subsequently adopted by Purbeck District Council.
  2. The proposed route starts at the Rose & Crown crossroad and goes down Huntick Road. Preliminary agreement has been reached with Highways and the landowner to the north of Huntick Road.
  3. The final end route to Post Green and/or Dorchester Road is to be finalised.
  4. The initial 180m from the R&C junction will be included as part of the Wyatt/Morrish development in Huntick Road. That development has now started.
  5. LMPC to complete the next section to Jubilee Walk (linked to Selbys Yard decision).


· DC Highways confirmation on the full route, particularly after Race Farm.

· Confirmation of the LTP commitment within the Purbeck Local Plan. This commitment includes the requirement for the developers to provide 150k for local transport needs which would be earmarked for the cycylepath.

· Outcome of the planning application for Selbys Yard to include section along their frontage.

Status/Next Steps:

· To meet with Lytchett & Upton Town Council to liaise within their plans and to jointly support the section within their town boundary.

· Discussed first 180m with Wyatts/Morrish Site Manager and confirmed 3m width, probably across full width of site frontage on Huntick Road.

Financial Forecast:

(£000’s, excluding VAT)

2020-21 2021-22 2022-23
Expense to date
Forecast 25 150
Total 25 150


Youth Hall Working Group – Summary Report November 2020

Working Group Objective:

LMPC to provide a facility for youth services as well as a more permanently set out community space. To upgrade the facility to comply with current environmental standards.

Working Group Participants:

Alf Bush, Rob Carswell


  1. The current building belongs to LMPC. Transfer of freehold land ownership from Dorset Council to LMPC to enable LMPC to a permanent community space.
  2. To building is essentially a prefabricated building from an ex-military base. It is thermally inefficient and the roof is asbestos. LMPC to upgrade the building to comply with current environmental standards.
  3. Lytchett Matravers needs amore permanently set out space for youth activities. Develop a facility that can be used without the need to clear away after every event and can be used as a more comfortable space for various village groups.


· DC Estate Mgmt to transfer freehold land ownership

· Army Cadets to agree on new lease to clear up the joint access rights between the YH and Army Cadets

Status/Next Steps:

· The transfer deed has been prepared and agreed. DC Estate Mgmt have advised that renewed attempts have been made to finalise a new lease with the Army Cadets.

· The issue is with DC solicitors for the last 2 years.

Financial Forecast:

(£000’s, excluding VAT)

2020-21 2021-22 2022-23
Expense to date
Forecast 5 25 25
Total 5 25 25


Library Working Group – Summary Report November 2020

Working Group Objective:

LMPC to provide a facility for library services as well as a village hub for smaller groups to use outside of library opening hours. To extend the current building into the adjacent courtyard to provide a flexible community space.

Working Group Participants:

Alf Bush


  1. Transfer of freehold ownership from Dorset Council to LMPC to enable LMPC to create a village with an integrated library for the future.
  2. LMPC will assume responsibility for management and maintenance of the facility, thereby providing a financial benefit to DC.
  3. LMPC to manage facility for community use
  4. LMPC to review expansion of the current building into the adjacent courtyard for additional space and flexibility and relocation of main entrance.
  5. LMPC to revise external pathways to link the library to te shops and to the High Street crossing.


· DC Estate Mgmt to transfer freehold ownership

· DC Library Services to be engaged to continue to provide library services as today

Status/Next Steps:

· Submit business proposition to Dorset Council to transfer freehold ownership of building and land to LMPC.

LMPC to re-engage DC library services to provide library services as today.

Financial Forecast:

(£000’s, excluding VAT)

2020-21 2021-22 2022-23
Expense to date
Forecast 50 50
Total 50 50


Full Minutes 201125v2 (Word)
FullMinutes 201125 Appendix 4 (Prudential – Earmarked Reserves Nov20) (Excel)

Full Council minutes 25 Nov 2020