Minutes of the meeting of LYTCHETT MATRAVERS PARISH COUNCIL
Held on Wednesday 25th September 2019 at 7:00 in the Blanchard Room, Village Hall, High Street, Lytchett Matravers.
PRESENT were R Watts (Council Vice Chairman), M Attridge, B Barker, A Huggins, M Colvey, P Webb, C Wood and Mr T Watton (Parish Clerk).
Also present: Dorset Councillors A Brenton, B Pipe and A Starr.
No members of the public were present.
In the absence of the Council Chairman, Cllr Watts chaired the meeting.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION
There was none.
DORSET COUNCILLORS REPORT
Copies of the joint report from Cllrs Brenton and Starr, and from Cllr Pipe, are attached at Appendices 1 and 2 to these minutes. Cllr Brenton expanded on the topic of the biro recycling initiative. Comment was also made about Lytchett Minster & Upton Town Council’s interest in the Huntick Road cyclepath. Cllr Huggins remarked that he would speak to Cllr Bush about a meeting with them.
Cllr Pipe added to his report by commenting that he had been appointed back on to the board of Trustees of the Purbeck CAB. He mentioned a hoped-for increase in funding for activity of the CAB in Lytchett Matravers library in view of apparent overloading of the service provided in Upton. In response to a request from Cllr Wood, Cllr Pipe agreed to provide figures on the usage rates of the service offered.
Prompted by remarks by the Dorset Cllrs, Cllr Webb commented on the Glover Report which has put forward a suggestion of establishment of a new national park in Dorset. He expressed concern at where the boundaries might be and what that could mean in terms of future housing development for communities which are outside of the park boundary.
1. To receive and consider apologies for absence. Cllrs A Bush, R Carswell, A Cottman, and C Maher
2. To receive any declarations of Pecunary interest, and consider any requests for Special Dispensations under Section 33 of the Localism Act 2011. There were none.
3. TO receive AND RESOLVE to APPROVE THE Minutes of The PARISH Council Meeting on 28th August 2019. It was RESOLVED to approve these as a true record of the meeting. The minutes were then duly signed by the council vice chairman.
4. TO RECEIVE and consider REPORTS OF PAST SUBJECT MATTERS (for purposes of report only).
It was RESOLVED to receive and note the contents of the following report, which had been prepared and circulated in advance of the meeting by the Parish Clerk. Italics below indicate additional comments made by members at the meeting.
- Minute 11, 22nd May 2019 – Repair of Lytchett Astro Fencing. The replacement fence panels have now been fitted by Poole Business Services. DISCHARGED
5. CHAIRMAN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS (for purposes of report only) Cllr Watts reported that a consultation / involvement meeting had taken place with developers Turley / Wyatts and Dorset Council officers Mr S Boyt and Mr A Collins regarding the developers’ proposals for the three allocated sites within the village.
On the matter of the inspection in public of the Purbeck Local Plan, Cllr Watts explained that further hearings by the Inspector are scheduled for 9th-11th October and that he would be participating in the session about infrastructure. Members of the public are encouraged to attend to listen to the proceedings. There will be consultation on any modifications to the plan required by the Inspector. This is likely to move the date for plan adoption to the first quarter of the 2020 calendar year, at the earliest.
6. To receive and note the content of the minutes of the finance & General purposes committee meeting on 11th September 2019 (for purposes of report only) It was RESOLVED to receive and note the content of these minutes.
7. To receive and consider reports of the following Working Groups:
(i) Village Centre: R Carswell. Cllr Carswell reminded the meeting that a report had been circulated by email at the end of week commencing 16th September. Regarding the matter of the redesign of the steps between the pharmacy and Tescos, this has been complicated by the discovery of a discrepancy between the land the parties thought they owned and what actually appears to be the case. This is being further investigated. Reference was made to a Deed between Rexpharm and the Parish Council which includes a clause regarding payments to the council for maintenance of the grass area.
(ii) Library: A Bush. No report.
(iii) Astro: A Huggins. No report.
(iv) Village Hall: A Cottman. No report.
(v) Huntick Rd Cycle Path: No report; but Cllr Watts commented that some work is being done with Dorset Council. It has been discovered via Helen Jackson that some budgeted funding has been set aside by Dorset Council. Taking this together with the memorandum of understanding that the developers Wyatt’s will contribute, it seems there may be scope to agree a three-way split of contributions for the path with the Parish Council. It is understood that Lytchett Minster & Upton Town Council may also be interested in this project. Cllr Barker suggested that there might be scope to request consideration of a contribution from any central or local funding available to help support responses to the climate change emergency.Dorset Cllr Brenton drew the meetings attention to the appointment of a new Dorset Council Officer with responsibility to promote cycling and walking. Dorset Cllr Pipe remarked that he believes that the funding discovered with Helen Jackson is a remainder from a wider budget previously held by PDC and confirmed that money had indeed been set aside for this project.
(vi) LM Trust structure: R Watts. Cllr Watts’ referred to the notes he had circulated to all members by email on 24th September.
(vii) Parish Council communications: B Barker. Cllr Barker referred to a report circulated to all members on 25th September. The copy deadline for items to include in the Parish Magazine article is 12th October. It is intended to produce another shared Village Magazine / Lytchett Link publication in December.
8. To receive and consider a report on Sports Club Governance and progress on the Pavilion refurbishment programme. A copy of Cllr Webb’s report is attached at Appendix 3 to these minutes. It was RESOLVED to note the content of this report.
(8.1) a proposal for the purchase and installation of a replacement garage door. It was noted that three quotations have been obtained. It was RESOLVED that the Sports Club may determine which contractor is selected.
(8.2) a report on options for additional on-site storage of sports equipment. It was RESOLVED that this may be take forward by the Sports Club for up to £2K within the funding already allocated.A suggestion was made for a good quality 20’ sea container.Cllr Webb agreed to check whether planning permission would be required. Mr Morgan is to be asked to consider options to minimise the visual impact of such a structure.
9. To consider Planning application 6/2019/0455 Treetops, Flowers Drove, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, BH16 6BX. Single storey side extensions. Erect detached carport with office above. The Parish Council wishes to register an OBJECTION to this proposal on the grounds that it appears to be a significant overdevelopment for a plot of this size and which is out of keeping with the street scene and neighbouring properties – especially the two storey “carport” building which is also outside of the building line. In addition it appears that this proposed development will overlook neighbouring properties and adversely affect their privacy.
10. To receive and note the contents of a report into a meeting with Dorset Council Highways on 5th September. A copy of Cllr Watts report is attached at Appendix 4 to these minutes. It was RESOLVED to receive and note these. Cllr Watts commented that Dorset Council typically expects to have around £1m of highways projects in any one year and routinely adds 40% “optimism” allowance to the projected cost of each. It is hoped that LMPC projects will be included in the list for the coming year.
11. To receive and consider approval of a proposed conceptual design of the Recreation Ground Car Park – East End. Cllr Watts referred to the paper he had circulated to all members ahead of the meeting, a copy of which is included at appendices 5a and 5b to these minutes. It was RESOLVED to receive and note these.
12. To consider motions to:
12.1 Execute the FIT Deed of Dedication for the Foxhills Open Space, through formal signature by two council members (witnessed by the Parish Clerk as “proper officer”). RESOLVED.
12.2 Execute the FIT Lytchett Matravers Recreation Ground Deed of Release of Part, through formal signature by two council members (witnessed by the Parish Clerk as “proper officer”). RESOLVED.
13. To consider, approve and sign the letter to HSBC Bank requesting an adjustment to the bank standing order to reflect the uprating of the clerk’s salary as agreed at the August Full Council meeting. RESOLVED.
14. To receive and note the content of an update report on Wessex Internet rollout to Lytchett Matravers. Cllr Huggins reported that this initiative is still moving forward, although there are still locations in the village with poor / weak signal that have not been addressed.
15. To resolve to approve the following payments already made:
|Inv||To Whom||For What||Net||VAT||Total|
|4174||Saregcv Cleaning||10 x weekly cleans of Sports pavilion, commencing 15/07/19||150.00||0.00||150.00|
|4175||British Telecom||Office phone and broadband Aug-Nov 2019||125.80||25.16||150.96|
It was RESOLVED to approve the above payments.
16. TO RESOLVE TO APPROVE THE FOLLOWING PAYMENTS Due:
|Inv||To Whom||For What||Net||VAT||Total|
|4176||T Watton||Clerk’s salary – September (12 equal monthly payments by SO)||936.78||0.00||936.78|
|4177||T Watton||Clerk’s salary adjustment||26.25||0.00||26.25|
|4178||Dorset County Pension Fund||LGPS pension contrib September 2019||373.14||0.00||373.14|
|4179||T Homer||Handyman duties, August 2019||229.50||0.00||229.50|
|4180||Idverde Ltd||Cemetery maintenance – August 19||303.49||60.70||364.19|
|4181||Idverde Ltd||2 x grass cuts – sports playing area of rec : August 19||170.00||34.00||204.00|
|4182||Idverde Ltd||2 x grass cuts – southern area of rec : August 2019||46.50||9.30||55.80|
|4183||BCP Council (Poole Business Services)||Repair of timber fencing at Rocket Park – Aug 2019||982.00||196.40||1178.40|
|4184||BCP Council (Poole Business Services)||Installation of 3 x benches Aug 2019||326.00||65.20||391.20|
|4185||Starboard Systems Ltd (Scribe Accounts)||2 x Scribe Accounts read only access licences||58.00||11.60||69.60|
|4186||T Watton||Expenses – purchase of 1 can white marker paint||5.04||1.01||6.05|
|4187||British Gas||Sports Pavilion Gas Bill June-Aug 19||127.17||6.35||133.52|
|4188||SSE||Sports Pavilion Elec Bill Jun-Aug 19||86.59||4.32||90.91|
|4189||HMRC||PAYE & ENI quarter 2 2019/20||1020.96||0.00||1020.96|
It was RESOLVED to approve all of the above payments.
17. To note any training undertaken by members or the Clerk in the past month. There was none. However the Clerk reported that he would be attending the DAPTC Clerks seminar at Kingston Maurward on Friday 27th September
18. To note any decisions and / or action taken by Parish Clerk under “Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014”, Part 3, Paragraphs 6-10, Record of Decisions and Access to Documents.The Parish Clerk advised members that he had undertaken the following:
- Arranged for Poole Business services to undertake works to remove old disused goalpost sockets and surrounding concrete substructure on rec field to enable pitch maintenance work without damage to contractor’s machinery – essential enabling works. Cost estimate is below the de-minmimus limit.
- Requested a local contractor to cut the recreation ground High St hedge, to be reduced to a max of 1m ht. Below the de-minimus limit.
- Requested a local contractor to cut the allotment hedges. Below the de-minimus limit.
Cllr Barker referred to correspondence on the initiation of meetings by the Low Carbon Dorset Group and asked the council to consider how it might respond. She also suggested the setting up of a Working Group and the need for a community meeting as soon as possible to promote local awareness and action.
The following suggestions were also made:
· Cllr Wood emphasised the need to consider how other local councils are responding, and to add the matter to the agenda of the next F&GP Cttee meeting.
· Cllr Colvey suggested that the council should join others in declaring a climate emergency. He also suggested a local initiative to involve local young people.
· Cllr Huggins reported on the Eco-club which is operating in Lytchett Matravers Primary school with considerable interest amongst the children there.
· Cllr Webb stressed the need to firstly establish a framework for moving forward to avoid duplication of effort. This might perhaps be based on work already done by other local councils.
20. To note date of next meeting and items for future agendas.
The next full council meeting is scheduled to take place in the village hall on Wednesday 23rd October 2019 at 7pm.
The meeting closed at 21:15
Annotated by/on …………………………….. Signed by……………………
FullMinutes190925 Appendix 1 (Report to LMPC from DCllr A Brenton Sept. 25.9.19)
FullMinutes190925 Appendix 2 (Report to LMPC by DCllr B Pipe 25th sept 19)
FullMinutes190925 Appendix 3 (Sports Club report LMPC for September)
FullMinutes190925 Appendix 4 (Notes of a Meeting on 5th September with Dorset Council Highways)
FullMinutes190925 Apppendix 5a (Recreation Ground Car Park Conceptual Design)
FullMinutes190925 Appendix 5b (Conceptual Design – car park east end).pdf