Minutes of the meeting of LYTCHETT MATRAVERS PARISH COUNCIL

Held on Wednesday 27th November 2019 at 7:00 in the Blanchard Room, Village Hall, High Street, Lytchett Matravers.

PRESENT were A Bush (Chairman), B Barker, A Huggins, M Colvey, R Watts, C Wood, P Webb and Mrs A Clothier (Stand In Parish Clerk).

Also present: Dorset Councillors A Brenton and B Pipe.

Two members of the public were present.

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION

A resident commented about the proposed changes to Wareham Road suggested by the Sustrans report. The Parish Council were asked about the three different phases and what the timescales were. The Chairman responded that this phased approach is one suggested by Highways to lessen the impact of the proposals. The proposals have been discussed with the school and some parents and the timing is not fixed. The main question is the location of the crossing point which would be around where the school crossing patrol is and what parking restrictions would go in to allow this to operate. The Parish Council have proposed to undertake a survey regarding to what extent people are parking on the pavement and to what extent the bus stop is used. The Dorset Council team have a structured approach for projects and will assess them to see whether they get into the Local Transport Plan for next year. On this basis the earliest the project would commence would be 2021. There are some elements of the work that are not dependent on Highways, such as the car parking by the Astro and the Eldons Drove entrance. The path at Eldons Drove is in Phase 1 of the works so this will be continued, pending a licence from Dorset Council to start the work and consultation with the residents. The Astro car parking was not in Phase 1 and the lease for this land will need to be discussed. The resident asked if there were any other actions that the Parish Council were planning to implement in relation to the safety of Wareham Road. The Chairman explained that the Parish Council do not have jurisdiction over the highway it is limited in what it can do. Councillors asked whether the longer opening for the gates has eased the issue and it was agreed that it had slightly helped however walking children to school is very difficult and not safe. The vegetation along the Wareham Road is still a problem which is something that the Parish Council can assist with. On Saturday January 11th volunteers will be cutting back vegetation in a number of areas including Wareham Road. The Parish Council can ask residents to keep their hedges and trees cut back on the Highway. There are some issues with landownership and who the hedges belong to. Cllr Brenton advised checking on Dorset Property to see whether it is the property of Dorset Highways and, if so, contact the ranger team to cut it back. There will be another meeting with Highways to follow the Sustrans Report up and members of the public were advised to contact Dorset Highways to emphasise the importance of this project.

A second resident spoke about the general untidy appearance of the village centre and whether the advertisements that have been put up are allowed. The Parish Council agreed to look into the advertising regulations and contact Planning Enforcement regarding this issue. Action: Parish Clerk to obtain advice from Dorset Council on advertising regulations and time restrictions.

A discussion took place regarding the island outside Tesco. The fallen tree has remained there to stop parking. There is a design for the area but Tesco have yet to agree to contribute – there are also other businesses along the parade. The Parish Council are in the process of arranging a meeting with Tesco about it but this could be a long term project.

A resident asked about the plans for a crossing outside the library. The Chairman commented that this is on the list of projects. Elements of the design and the location have been agreed. The works for the lower end of car park can be progressed and the crossing can come afterwards. The pharmacy steps are also an ongoing project and designs for these projects are on the website.

DORSET COUNCILLORS’ REPORT

The Dorset Councillors did not give a report due to purdah. It was noted that the Climate Change Panel has changed its name.

1. To receive and consider apologies for absence. Cllrs A Cottman, M Attridge and R Carswell gave their apologies and these were accepted by the Parish Council. Cllr C Maher did not attend. Dorset Cllr A Starr also gave his apologies.

2. To receive any declarations of Pecunary interest, and consider any requests for Special Dispensations under Section 33 of the Localism Act 2011. There were none.

3. TO receive AND RESOLVE to APPROVE THE Minutes of The PARISH Council Meeting on 23rd October 2019. It was RESOLVED to approve these as a true record of the meeting. The minutes were then duly signed by the council chairman.

4. TO RECEIVE and consider REPORTS OF PAST SUBJECT MATTERS (for purposes of report only).

It was RESOLVED to receive and note the contents of the following report, which had been prepared and circulated in advance of the meeting by the Parish Clerk. Italics below indicate additional comments made by members at the meeting.

i. Minute 18, 25th September, bullets 2 and 3 – Cutting High St car park and Allotment hedges. The contractor has now completed these tasks. Discharged.

ii. Dorset Cllrs Report, Minutes 23rd October 2019 – DC Criteria for placement of SIDs. The Parish Clerk contacted DC Road Safety team to ask for details of the criteria, for placement of SIDs and has fed the responses back to the council members accordingly. Need a direct answer from Dorset Highways with the answer on where SIDs can be located – Cllr Brenton to follow up. The SID can only be fitted on a Dorset Highways post and these can only be located where appropriate. There would need to be a speed survey initially and there is a fee attached to having this survey.

iii. Minute 13, 23rd October 2019 – Replacement fence for Rocket Park play area. A report back from Cllr Huggins on research into moulded plastic picket fence is included in the composite repot attached at appendix 6 to these minutes. He is still waiting for the fully costed quote to come back for the fully moulded fence.

iv. Minute 13, 23rd October 2019 – Replacement fence for Rocket Park play area. The Parish Clerk approached Mr Parkinson of Poole Business services to obtain information on effective fencing options / locations which the Council could visit to review. Mr Parkinson’s response regarding suppliers and other play areas which may be worth visiting was forwarded to Cllr Huggins by the Parish Clerk. Cllr Huggins’ report at appendix 6 to these minutes makes the point that the Parish Council also needs to look at the safety requirements.

v. Minute 14, 23rd October 2019 – advice from Mr Mepham of DC Highways department regarding his offer to obtain a DC colleague’s advice on the safety issues related to locating additional car park lights. The Parish Clerk is to pursue this matter with Mr Mepham. Deferred to redesign of village centre. Discharged

vi. Minute 14, 23rd October 2019 – LMPC support for the initiative from Morden PC to establish a cycle usable route between Morden and Lytchett Matravers along an existing bridleway. The Parish Clerk wrote to DC Ranger Katie Black on 8th November to formally express LMPC’s support for this initiative. Discharged.

5. CHAIRMAN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS (for purposes of report only) The Chairman reported on the following:

· Cllr Watts spoke about taking a three month sabbatical from the Parish Council from the end of December but will continue to participate in the Working Group activities. He will also stand down as Chairman of the Charitable Trust.

· The Chair spoke about the Christmas get together on the 18th December and all were welcomed.

· The suggested date of the Parish Council away day is Saturday, February 15th.

6. To receive and note the content of the minutes of the finance & General purposes committee meeting on 13th NOvember 2019 (for purposes of report only) It was RESOLVED to receive and note the content of these minutes.

7. to consider a request from purbeck citizens advice for additional contribution to fund an extension to the service operated in the lytchett matravers library (letter copied to members on 7th november 2019). A detailed discussion took place on the service which is proposed to go from once fortnightly to once weekly. This would raise the cost from £2,300 per year to £4,600 per year. Cllr Pipe commented that people from Lytchett are using the Upton service which is affecting the service for those residents. It was felt that there was not enough information to make a decision and this should be discussed under the budget sessions. There is a positive view of the service but this needs to be in line with the budget. It was agreed to defer this proposal. Action: Parish Clerk to obtain number of people who attend Lytchett CAB sessions, where are they from, how many Lytchett Matravers residents attend sessions in other locations and how many they turn away.

8. to consider for approval a proposal to establish a service level agreement with dorset council for the maintenance of church walk and jubilee walk. This matter came out of a discussion with Countryside Services who have made an offer of 0.25p per metre matched by Parish Council to keep the paths clear – this would come to £250. It was RESOLVED to approve this.

Cllrs raised that there are now a few groups that are forming to clear vegetation and whether these could be formalised and have a monthly meeting to cut back vegetation. This was discussed however it was concluded that the groups should remain separate due to their different purposes. The matter of Jubilee Walk was also discussed as Countryside Services will maintain the path in whatever condition it is in. There is therefore a potential need to clear the path to have it maintained at a more acceptable state. Action: Councillors to walk Jubilee Walk to note the extent of the clearance work.

9. to consider items to be included in the council’s annual report of cil income and expenditure – for publication in accordance with communiy infrastructure regulations 2010 (as amended): reporting by local (parish and town) councils, 62a. A copy of the report is attached at Appendix 1 of these minutes. The report was noted.

10. to consider planning application 6/2019/0616 16 huntick estate, lytchett matravers bh16 6eb. sever plot & erect single storey bungalow with access and parking. The Parish Council wished to register an OBJECTION to this proposal on the grounds that it represents overdevelopment of the sites, will affect the privacy of the neighbouring properties, and will have very little amenity space. The Parish Council request that this application be discussed at Eastern Area Planning Committee. Action: Parish Clerk to write to DC Cllr Brenton to ask that she makes this request on the Council’s behalf.

11. to receive and consider a report on lytchett matravers sports club goverance and progress on the pavilion refurbishment programme. A report was circulated before the meeting and is attached as Appendix 2 to these minutes. It was highlighted that the Sports Club will be returned to a level of independence next April (2020). This will be a separate entity which will have a bank account. There needs to be an appropriate form of agreement which will stop any issues happening again. There should be a Development Trust that would have a robust constitution and a Parish Council member should sit on the Development Trust to oversee and act as a link. The Parish Council have a precedent of awarding grants and the Sports Club can apply.

12. to receive a note of a meeting with dorset council highways on 14th november 2019. Cllr Watts referred to the notes which had been circulated to members in advance of the meeting and are attached at Appendix 3 to these minutes. The Huntick Road Cycle Path is looking viable and Highways have talked to Wyatt about widening the footway.

13. to consider for approval a proposal for implementation of the pharmacy steps project. A report by Cllr Watts was circulated before the meeting and is attached as Appendix 4 to these minutes. There are a number of entities involved in the project with four sets of solicitors being involved. Quotes for the work have come in from 3 local suppliers. The proposal is looking to get approval for £5000 for legal fees and then to accept the lowest quote for the work (Greenall Landscapes) at £8406. It was RESOLVED to approve this and that it would be funded using CIL money.

14. To receive and consider reports of the following Working Groups:

(i) Village Centre: R Carswell. A report was circulated before the meeting and is attached as Appendix 5 to these minutes. It was noted that the school crossing should be detailed in a separate report.

(ii) Library: A Bush. Cllr Bush reported that the updated library costs have been sent through so the business case will be progressed

(iii) Astro: A Huggins. Nothing to report.

(iv) Village Hall: A Cottman. No report.

(v) Huntick Rd Cycle Path: Cllr Huggins. Report circulated – as attached at appendix 6 to these minutes. A meeting had taken place with Lytchett Minster and Upton Town Council who were supportive of the scheme.

(vi) LM Trust structure: R Watts. A progress report was circulated and attached is Appendix 7 to these minutes. Cllr Watts reported that there a group of 6 residents who are willing to become trustees and they are in the process of setting up a second meeting. There have been two working group meetings looking at a financial model. The target is to get up and running by Easter, which may be challenging.

(vii) Parish Council communications: B Barker. A report was circulated before the meeting and is attached as Appendix 8 to these minutes. Cllr Barker highlighted that Parish Magazine deadline is the 13th December. The list has been sent out regarding the rounds but the magazines have not arrived yet.

(viii) Climate Emergency: R Carswell. A briefing session had been attended given by Dorset Council – Low Carbon Programme. There was a talk given on the wider climate emergency – 10 years to get down to carbon neutral. Cllr Carswell and Cllr Watts are developing an action plan. All Cllrs to consider the draft survey.

(ix) Broadband Provision Improvements: A Huggins. A report on this is included on the composite report circulated before the meeting (see appendix 6 to these minutes).

Bollards – The Eldons Road section is complete. The Lower car park needs to include bollards however the Village Hall Committee is not in favour of having the same design near the Village Hall due to health and safety concerns. Need to propose other options.

15. TO RESOLVE TO APPROVE THE FOLLOWING PAYMENTS Due:

Inv To Whom For What Net VAT Total
4205 T Watton Clerk’s salary – November (12 equal monthly payments by SO) 936.78 0.00 936.78
4206 Dorset County Pension Fund LGPS pension contrib November 2019 373.14 0.00 373.14
4207 T Homer Handyman duties, October 2019 249.75 0.00 249.75
4208 Idverde Ltd Cemetery maintenance – Oct 19 303.49 60.70 364.19
4209 Idverde Ltd 2 x grass cuts – sports playing area of rec : Oct 19 170.00 34.00 204.00
4210 Idverde Ltd 2 x grass cuts – southern area of rec : Oct 2019 46.50 9.30 55.80
4211 BCP Council (Poole Business Services) Tarmac repairs to Rec Ground car park. 413.00 82.60 495.60
4212 Clifford Roberts Ltd T/A Canford Drains Clear drains at Sports Pavilion, plus fitting new plastic gulley grids 259.90 51.98 311.88
4213 SLCC Enterprises Ltd Regional Training Seminar 27th Nov 2019 80.00 16.00 96.00
4214 Abbas Ecology Ltd Ecological appraisal & report, plus travelling expenses incurred. 353.50 70.70 424.20
4215 Flavourfy Digital Annual website hosting, plus website updates retainer 570.00 114.00 684.00
`4216 Fields in Trust Professional services concerning field change request application related to deed of release and deed of dedication. 700.00 140.00 840.00
4217 A Bush Reimbursement of cost of key cutting Sports Pavilion. 39.00 0.00 39.00
4218 Printerbase Ltd Set of 4 printer toner cartridges 172.81 34.56 207.37
4219 D & P Warr Contracting Trimming High St Carpark hedge and Allotment hedge 200.00 40.00 240.00
4220 S P Mills Garden Services General grass contract

Re-seeding worn areas of football pitch

Weed control – Astro, Rec car park, and Rec bank (J Knotweed)

4565.00

35.00

425.00

0.00 5025.00

It was RESOLVED to approve all of the above payments.

16. To note any training undertaken by members or the Clerk in the past month.

The Parish Clerk attended the DAPTC Budgeting training session at Frampton Village Hall on 6th November and the SLCC Regional Training Seminar in Bournemouth on 27th November 2019

17. To note any decisions and / or action taken by Parish Clerk under “Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014”, Part 3, Paragraphs 6-10, Record of Decisions and Access to Documents. There were none.

18. Correspondence.

· There was nothing to report.

19. To note date of next meeting and items for future agendas.

The next full council meeting is scheduled to take place in the village hall on Wednesday 18th December at 7pm.

The meeting closed at 20.57

Annotated by/on …………………………….. Signed by……………………

FullMinutes 191127 Appendix 1 (LMPC Annual CIL Report for the year ending 31st March 2019)
FullMinutes 191127 Appendix 2 (Report to LMPC on LM Sports Club Nov 19)
FullMinutes 191127 Appendix 3 (Notes of meeting with Dorset Council Highways 14-11-19)
FullMinutes 191127 Appendix 4 (Pharmacy Steps – Implementation)
FullMinutes 191127 Appendix 5 (Village Centre WG Report – Nov 2019).pdf
FullMinutes 191127 Appendix 5a (Pharmacy Steps Quotes Oct2019).pdf
FullMinutes 191127 Appenmdix 5b (LM Village Centre C Pk Sketch Ideas2).pdf
FullMinutes 191127 Appendix 6 (composite report 23Nov 2019)
FullCouncil 191127 Appendix 7 (Charitable Trust Working Group Progress Report Nov 2019)
FullMinutes 191127 Appendix 8 (LMPC Comms Working Group Updates November 2019)