Minutes of the meeting of LYTCHETT MATRAVERS PARISH COUNCIL

Held on Wednesday 25th March 2020 at 7:00 online.

PRESENT were A Bush (Chairman), M Attridge, B Barker, R Carswell, M Colvey, A Cottman, A Huggins, P Webb, R Watts, C Wood and Mr T Watton (Parish Clerk).

Also present: None.

No members of the public were present.

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION

There was none.

DORSET COUNCILLORS’ REPORT

The members of the Dorset Council were unable to be present. No reports were submitted.

1. To receive and consider apologies for absence. There were none.

2. To receive any declarations of Pecunary interest, and consider any requests for Special Dispensations under Section 33 of the Localism Act 2011. There were none.

3. TO receive AND RESOLVE to APPROVE THE Minutes of The PARISH Council Meeting on 26th February 2020. It was RESOLVED to approve these as a true record of the meeting. The minutes were then duly signed by the Chairman.

4. TO RECEIVE and consider REPORTS OF PAST SUBJECT MATTERS (for purposes of report only).

It was RESOLVED to receive and note the contents of the following report, which had been prepared and circulated in advance of the meeting by the Parish Clerk. Italics below indicate additional comments made by members at the meeting.

i. Dorset Cllrs Report, Minutes 23rd October 2019 – DC Criteria for placement of SIDs. The Parish Clerk had arranged for Joe Allen, Principal Technician, Transportation Modelling at Dorset Council to make a site visit to review the identified likely locations for SIDS. A report of that meeting was circulated to members on 23rd February. The Parish Clerk requested Mr Allen to arrange for the requisite traffic surveys at four locations within the village. The report of those surveys was received from Dorset Council and circulated to members on Monday 25th March 2020. It was noted that the next stage was for the Council to consider whether it wishes to go ahead with the purchase of a SID unit, whether to request Dorset Council to install the necessary three poles at the required locations, and whether it wishes to request Dorset Council to undertake the task of relocating the SID between the three locations at the requisite 4 weekly intervals. The Parish Clerk referred to the SID site visit report referred to above – which includes the costs of the majority of these items / actions. It was decided to defer any decision on this until the April Full Council meeting by which time a more fully costed proposal could be available. Action: Parish Clerk to add this to the agenda of the April Full Council meeting.

ii. Minute 13, 23rd October 2019 – Replacement fence for Rocket Park play area. The Parish Clerk has now placed the order for the fence with the chosen supplier, and the delivery and installation arrangements set up with Poole Business Services.

  1. Minute 7.1, 26 February 2020 – Contact Santander to close the two dormant bank accounts. Outstanding.
  2. Minute 7.2, 26 February 2020 – PBS to lay 5 square metres of rubber flooring inside Rocket Park south side gateway to address worn, sharp concrete edge. This has been booked with Poole Business Services.
  3. Minute 7.3, 26 February 2020 – Request Poole Business Services to supply and installation of 48 recycled plastic posts, plus relocation of 2 dropping posts. Order placed.
  4. Minute 7.5, 26 February 2020 – Replacement of the Lytchett Astro floodlights with LED specification units together with controls for automated timing. Also to query availability of modification to include BS-EN1063 lenses. BS-EN1063 lensesfound not to be available as a mod to the lights. Order placed with Newlec for supply and installation of the lights.
  5. Minute 15, 26 February 2020 – Booking the Scout hall for Annual Parish Meeting. This had been booked for the APM to be held between 11am-1pm on Saturday 18th April 2020. However, in the compliance with the current instructions from Government in response to the Covid-19 crisis this meeting is postponed until further notice.
  6. Minute 20, 26 February 2020, bullet 1 – Sutcliffe Play South West to order and install replacement parts for the zip wire at Rocket Park. Update requested from Sutcliffe Play South West. A view was expressed that the current social distancing arrangements and closure of play areas made this an opportune time to get repairs such as this completed. The Parish Clerk was asked to speak to Sutcliffe Play South West about this. Action: Parish Clerk to contact Sutcliffe Play South West accordingly.

ix. Minute 20, 26 February 2020, bullet 2 – PBS to arrange for repair of the safety surfacing adjacent to the “Record” roundabout at Rocket Park. Update requested from Poole Business Services. A view was expressed that the current social distancing arrangements and closure of play areas made this an opportune time to get repairs such as this completed. The Parish Clerk was asked to speak to Poole Business Services about this. Action: Parish Clerk to contact Poole Business Services accordingly.

5. CHAIRMAN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS (for purposes of report only) Cllr Bush referred to the closure of the play areas / play equipment sites within the parish (in line with Government instructions), and that the Handyman has been asked to cease his routine of weekly visual safety checks of such equipment. The information about ceased safety checks and routine minor maintenance is included in the notices to the public advising that the areas are closed and must not be used.

6. To receive and note the content of the minutes of the finance & General purposes committee meeting on 11th March 2020 (for purposes of report only) It was RESOLVED to receive and note the content of these minutes.

7. TO CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING RECOMMENDATIONS FROM THE FINANCE & GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE MEETING ON 11TH MARCH:

7.1 To consider a recommendation regarding the normal annual licence for Club Hall that, rather than offering a 1 year licence, the Council considered offering to enter into a three year arrangement with the Lighthouse Church which also enables some improvements to the building in line with the Council’s plans in response to its declaration of a Climate Emergency. In response it was resolved to accept the recommendation of a three year arrangement, but that this should also include an increase in fees over that period. Action: Cllr Bush to discuss this with the Lighthouse Church.

7.2 To consider a recommendation that that £50 per quarter will be the terms of food vending licences from 1st April 2020. RESOLVED to approve. It was noted that the current vendor has already been advised accordingly.

7.3 To consider a recommendation to adopt all of the recommendations contained within the report prepared by Cllrs Huggins and Wood regarding the review of the Council’s insurance arrangements. A copy of the report in question is at Appendix 4 to the F&GP Cttee minutes of 11th March 2020. RESOLVED to approve.

8. To Receive and note the content of Notes of a Quarterly Meeting with Dorset Highways on 24th February. Members’ attention was drawn to the report produced and circulated to them in advance of the meeting by Cllr Watts. A copy of the report is attached at Appendix 1 to these minutes. It was RESOLVED to receive and note the content of the report.

9. To consider and approve proposals for Recreation Ground Car Park Project – Stage 1 – Implementation. A copy of the proposals paper / tender report was circulated to members in advance of the meeting. It was RESOLVED to accept the offering of the supplier detailed in option 1.

10. To consider and approve proposals for Detailed Design of Climate Emergency Improvements to the Sports Pavilion. Members’ attention was drawn to the report produced jointly by Cllrs Carswell and Watts and circulated in advance of the meeting. A copy of the report is attached at Appendix 2 to these minutes. It was RESOLVED to approve these proposals.

11. To consider the proposed Draft Scheme of Delegation for adoption by LMPC. Resolved to approve for immediate adoption for a period of up to 12 months, after which it is to be reviewed. A copy of the approved scheme is attached at Appendix 3 to these minutes.

12. proposal to review options for remote video conferencing facilities. RESOLVED to approve for immediate adoption a scheme of remote video conferencing, using “Zoom” software, for the duration of the Covid-19 crisis – subject to enabling Government legislation (Coronavirus Act 2020). A copy of the approved arrangements is attached at Appendix 4 to these minutes.

13. To consider a report into progress in setting-up a volunteer rota to assist the Local community in response to the threats from the covid 19 virus. The Chairman provided a verbal report advising of the origins of the initiative, the aims of which are to provide support and help to Lytchett Matravers residents who are affected by the Covid-19 crisis – such as those in self-isolation and thus unable to get out to shop, order and collect prescriptions, post mail, etc. He then described the progress in collating the list of residents requiring such support, and the setting up a local volunteers group (Lytchett Matravers Angels) to meet those needs. The Lytchett Matravers Angels are now established and taking that forward. In response to a question he clarified that this scheme is local and thus not directly related to the national appeal for community volunteers to provide support to the NHS which will have broadly similar aims. The local scheme will evidently reduce the local demand on the national scheme. There was some speculation as to any continued legacy from this after the Covid-9 crisis has passed. Members hoped that this would prove to be so.

14. To consider planning application 6/2020/0118 Deans Leaze Lime Kiln Road Lytchett Matravers BH16 6EL. Raise ridge height to form loft conversion with dormer windows & roof lights; form pitched roof over existing rear extension and add utility room to the side; erect porch. NO OBJECTION.

15. To receive and consider reports of the following Working Groups:

(i) Village Centre: R Carswell. Nothing to report.

(ii) Library: A Bush. Cllr Bush reported that he had spoken to the newly appointed Estates Officer at Dorset Council, who is looking at this.

(iii) Astro: A Huggins. Nothing further to report in addition to the floodlights replacement initiative under minute 4 vi above.

(iv) Village Hall: A Cottman. Nothing to report.

(v) Huntick Rd Cycle Path: the dependency on the forthcoming modifications to the Purbeck Local Plan and the timetable for that was recognised.

(vi) LM Trust structure: R Watts. Nothing to report.

(vii) Parish Council communications: B Barker. Cllr Barker advised that an article will be drafted for the next Parish Magazine. She urged members to let her know if they had anything which they wished to be placed on local social media (the Community Facebook page). She also encouraged them to visit this to view activity.

(viii) Climate Emergency: R Carswell. Cllr Carswell referred members to minute 10 above.

(ix) Broadband Provision Improvements: A Huggins. Nothing to report.

16. TO RESOLVE TO APPROVE THE FOLLOWING PAYMENTS already made

Inv To Whom For What Net VAT Total
4274 British Gas Sports Pavilion gas

3 Dec 2019 – 1 March 2020

425.01 21.25 446.26
4275 2M Electrical Contractors Ltd Wire heating system and fit boost timer for shower pump at Sports Pavilion 265.00 53.00 318.00
4276 BT Office phone and broadband 28 Feb – 27 May 2020 142.55 28.51 171.06

It was RESOLVED to approve all of the above payments.

17. TO RESOLVE TO APPROVE THE FOLLOWING PAYMENTS Due:

Inv To Whom For What Net VAT Total
4277 T Watton Clerk’s salary – March (12 equal monthly payments by SO) 936.78 0.00 936.78
4278 Dorset County Pension Fund LGPS pension contrib March 2019 373.14 0.00 373.14
4279 T Homer Handyman duties, February 2019 211.50 0.00 211.50
4280 HMRC PAYE and ENI Quarter 4 2019-2020 982.94 0.00 982.94
4281 Idverde Ltd Cemetery maintenance – Feb 19 303.49 60.70 364.19
4282 A Bush Reimbursement for:

Fees for Zoom standard pro.

Purchase of kitchen cleaning equipment for Sports Pavilion.

Totals

119.90

8.44

128.34

23.98

0.00

23.98

143.88

8.44

152.32

4283 Churches Fire Security Ltd Fire equipment check and renewal – Club Hall 180.28 36.06 216.34
4284 S P Mills Remove fallen cherry tree outside Tescos

Cut back shrubs at Turbetts Green

Strim Astro approach and cut back trees.

Remove soil & weeds from car park kerbs. Trim hedges at lower boundary.

Remove fallen tree at Willow Walk.

Totals

15.00

30.00

120.00

180.00

160.00

505.00

0.00

0.00

0.00

0.00

0.00

0.00

15.00

30.00

120.00

180.00

160.00

505.00

4285 BCP Council Cut away section of lock guard – Rec barrier 50.0 10.00 60.00
4286 Alpha Rail Ltd Purchase of fence for Rocket Park 7589.40 1517.88 9107.28
4287 D & P Warr Contracting Hedge Trimming, Eldons Drove 80.00 16.00 96.00
4288 Dorset Council Fees for 4 x traffic surveys for SID application. 775.00 155.00 930.00
4289 Phillip Austin Clan and balance Sports Pavilion heating system 379.89 0.00 379.80

It was RESOLVED to approve all of the above payments.

18. To note any training undertaken by members or the Clerk in the past month.

There was none.

19. To note any decisions and / or action taken by Parish Clerk under “Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014”, Part 3, Paragraphs 6-10, Record of Decisions and Access to Documents. The Parish Clerk reported that he had taken the following actions for urgent Health & Safety reasons:

· Requested S Mills to remove a fallen tree in Row Park Cemetery which was partly blocking access to the cemetery and fully blocking the water tap.

20. Correspondence.

Cllr Bush reported on correspondence with Mr Paul Kitchen of Dorset Council regarding the Service Level Agreements with Dorset Council for the maintenance of Church Walk and Jubilee Walk. It was noted that this maintenance activity is likely to be delayed due to the prioritisation of available Dorset Council staff resource on to the delivery of critical / urgent service during the Covid-19 crisis.

21. To note date of next meeting and items for future agendas.

The next full council meeting is scheduled to take place online only on Wednesday 22nd April 2020 at 7pm.

The meeting closed at 21:02

Annotated by/on …………………………….. Signed by……………………

Full Minutes 200325 Appendix 1 (Quarterly Meeting with Dorset Council Highways on 24th February 2020 final)
Full Minutes 200325 Appendix 2 (Detailed Design of Climate Emergency Improvements to the Sports Pavilion 2020 03 22)
Full Minutes 200325 Appendix 3 (Scheme of Delegation – Lytchett Matravers Parish Council 25th March 2020)
Full Minutes 200325 Appendix 4 (Paper in consideration of use of Zoom Pro for remote meetings of LMPC)